What to do to cut down on false alarms in Lake Havasu
False alarms may become an actual concern for a home security system. They not only decrease the trust you have in your equipment, but they can also be costly and time-consuming. Luckily, you can do a few things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Lake Havasu sensors and alarms.
First, ensure that your devices installed as intended. This will probably seem like common sense, but it frequently happens that simple miscues trigger false alarms. For the next step, watch out for likely causes of false alarms, such as entry points that could be left unsecured mistakenly. And finally, you should try to use the extra options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Lake Havasu.
Might it be really that straightforward? Read on and see for yourself.
Numerous false alarms in Lake Havasu can be avoided
Just like you would address any problem, the best course of action is to review the manual. Be certain that all your components are connected appropriately on your end by:
- Performing a diagnostic through your smart hub touchscreen.
- Physically check each component to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need fresh batteries.
- Look over your scheduling to make sure that your alarms aren’t activating at unsuitable times.
- Make sure all recently added smart components are installed in the proper fashion and aren't interfering with your home’s alarm.
Contact your customer service specialist if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Lake Havasu system. They'll be happy to schedule a tehnician to check your setup.
Check your entry points
When your system seems to be installed properly, the subsequent step is to thoroughly inspect your residence. Are your entries tightly secured, or are any accidentally ajar? If an entrance stays open, it might trip a sensor. If it just so happens that your household consistently forgets to close an entry point, you can incorporate a smart locking system that secures automatically when your home security goes live. Regrettably, windows take more hands-on attention, mainly if you have a family member who likes to sleep with a window cracked. Thankfully, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to deactivate that alarm while still guarding the rest of the residence.
Automation tends to be a great technique to cut down on false alarms in Lake Havasu
One of the smartest ways to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to incorporate home automation into your home security system. With your Vivint app, you can:
- Set a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re on site and prevent false alarms that result from absentmindedly unlatching a door or window. Then have your alarm system automatically engage again at night as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to disengage whenever your smart front door lock is activated with the proper number combination.
- Use geotracking to turn on your alarm as you leave the driveway, then disengage when you return.
- Receive smartphone updates when your devices sense uncommon activity or need a new battery.
- Link your equipment to Alexa or Google Home, so you can operate your system without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Lake Havasu with a Vivint smart home
An enhanced level of command over your property’s security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To customize your Vivint security package, call (928) 877-2148 or submit the form on this page.